Pages

Sunday, March 8, 2009

How to buy $100 Restaurant.com certificates for $6

Summary of Post
This article draws from my experience with Restaurant.com savings. I buy $100 Restaurant.com certificates for $6 (sometimes less), while the regular price at the Restaurant.com website is $40. How?

Step One: Get 80% off

Sign up as a member of Restaurant.com. Membership is free, and Restaurant.com will email you to let you know what discounts they have on. Wait for at least a 70% off sale and buy plenty. These certificates never expire, so stock up when it's cheap! I usually wait until the 80% sale comes around. So instead of paying $40 for a $100 certificate, it would only cost $8. Once a year there is a 90% sale too....

Wait. Want to save even more? Here's how I do it:


Step Two: Get up to an additional 30% off your Restaurant.com purchase
Sign up as a member of Ebates. Membership is free and you'll get cashback on purchases shopping online. New members get a $10 bonus on signup. I've written a Review of Cashbaq, Fatwallet, Ebates, Shopathome & Bigcrumbs, and you can read more if you wish, but the principle is simple: Merchants pay these cashback sites commissions to send us to the merchants. The cashback sites then give us a percentage of those commissions. Most of the sites require you to click through a trackback link that brings you to the merchant's online store and complete your purchase asap. The cashback rewarded is stackable (in addition to) any discount coupons or rebates that you click through to get to the merchant's online store.

So I clicked through Ebates to Restaurant.com, entered the 80% discount code provided in the Restaurant.com emailer at checkout, and paid only $8 for my $100 Restaurant.com gift certificate. I received 30% cashback (from Ebates) on $8, which works out to $2 cashback. The final price I paid = $6. Not bad for a $100 gift certificate!

Wait (again). Want to save even more? Here's how I do it!

(Important: By the way, since I'm giving away all my handy trade secrets here, I would REALLY REALLY appreciate if you clicked through my Ebates referral link when you sign up for Ebates, so that I get some credit for all my hard work!)

Step Three: Buy Dinner of the Month to get Free $10, $25 or $50 Certificates

Ok. You will need to click through Ebates as usual to get to Restaurant.com. Then select the Dinner of the Month (DOM) Club option where you can pick the 3, 6 or 12 month option. I usually pick the 12 month option - this gives a FREE $50 certificate. A $25 certificate will be emailed to you every month for 12 months. In total you get $350 worth of Restaurant.com certificates. After the 80% discount you pay $24. Don't forget Ebates' 30% of that $24 (you get $7.20 from Ebates). Total price for $350 certificates = $16.80.

Price for each $25 is... (okay you need to sit down for this)... $1.19!

By the way, I've also compiled in one handy location, links with discounts and coupons to all the places where I shop online. Check out Where Gracie Shops!

xo Gracie

P.S. It would be AWESOME if you could click on any ad here - my sponsors give me a few cents per click. Thanks for supporting my blog!
P.P.S. Of course even better would be to click through my Ebates referral link when you sign up for Ebates, so that I get some credit for all my hard work!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks a lot!! Great savings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Thank you soooo much! With my wallet shrinking this truly helps out - Thank you out!!!!

    April

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your great feedback and glad you found this helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey April, thanks for taking the time to leave that awesome feedback! Glad to know that my blogging is helping you good folk out there!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you! Please leave a comment or question!