Pages

Friday, September 7, 2012

iPhoto: A Good Kinda Different


I like having a photo on each blog post. My recent migration from Windows to Mac, and thus iPhoto, has been rough. But I think I am getting the hang of it. And the concept of iPhoto, i.e., having events sorted by date into albums may be a very good thing after all.

The problem
I am a rabid and compulsive photo taker. I have hundreds of thousands of photos. I had in the past, sorted my photos by year, and further by categories: family, trips, races, home, garden, food, animals, etc. I had way too many albums. To find a photo, I had to look through the albums for each year. I spent HOURS doing that.

iPhoto: learning the ropes
I didn't grasp iPhoto immediately, having tunnel vision from all my years doing it the old way. I started to see the light when viewing the tutorial video. It's a great video that in a nutshell, explains the possibilities and functions of iPhoto. You can find the video in iPhoto, in the Help section.

So I have been sorting my albums as events, by date. It has taken quite some time so far, but I can already see how it would make finding and pulling out specific photos much easier when I'm done.

I can't wait till I'm done!

xo Gracie 

p.s. It would be AWESOME if you could click on any ad here - my sponsors give me a few cents per click. Thanks for supporting my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you! Please leave a comment or question!